Tuesday, 13 January 2015

143 Boko Haram militants killed in Cameroon

The Cameroonian army just reported that it killed 143 Boko Haram fighters who attacked a military base in the northern town of Kolofata on Monday.
The government just said that it was the militants heaviest loss yet on it's territory,a Cameroonian soldier was also killed during the clash.
Issa Tchiroma Bakary,the Communication minister and government spokesman said that the attack began in the early hours,when the Islamist sect took advantage of thick fog to cross over from Nigeria and tried to storm the town's military base.
Anyway Intense fighting erupted near the base,lasting five whole hours before the attackers fled back towards the border,the spokesman said,he also added that the army seized a significant arsenal of heavy weaponry from the militant.
The attack came after the group leader Abubakar Shekau vowed last week on YouTube to hit back at Cameroon for sending warplanes into actions against them in December after they seized a military camp.
Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has been fiercely criticized over his inability to fight the sect,that has almost taken over control in the North-east.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment,and share your view,thank you.